Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Serves: 6 (1 1/2 cup servings)
Yum Factor: TBA
A family favorite, simple, inexpensive, and elegant.
1 lb. boneless chicken breasts or tender filets
1 can cream of chicken soup (diluted with 1/2 cup water)
1/2 cup butter melted
6 slices Swiss cheese
1 pkg. Stovetop Stuffing (chicken flavor)
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1. Heat oven to 325°F (160°C).
2. Mix Stovetop Stuffing, melted butter, and onion together – set aside.
3. Dilute soup (remember only 1/2 cup water).
4. Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and place in a 13×9-inch (3 quart) glass casserole dish. Cover with Swiss cheese slices. Pour soup over the cheese slices and top with the stuffing mixture.
5. Bake at 325°F (160°C) for 1 hour. Lets stand 5 minutes before serving.
A family favorite at my house. This dish is elegant enough to serve to dinner guests yet doesn’t put a large dent in the monthly food budget. We always serve this with Mom’s Mandarin Almond salad – a recipe I will post very soon!
Chicken Supreme tastes even better warmed up the next day.