Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 55 minutes
Never being a fan of carrots, this was one way Mom got me to eat mine. Put a butter icing on it I might even eat broccoli! (maybe)
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp. salt
1 cup walnuts, chopped
1 cup pineapple, crushed
2 cups carrots, grated
1/3 cup butter, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
3 1/2 Tbs. milk
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1. Grease and flour a 9×13-inch baking pan. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a large bowl combine eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla; beat well.
3. In a medium bowl sift together the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, soda, and salt; stir to combine well.
4. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients; beat well. Add the nuts, pineapple, and carrots; beat thoroughly. Carefully pour into greased baking pan.
5. Bake for 15 minutes at 375°F. Leaving the cake in the oven, reduce heat to 350°F and continue baking an additional 40 minutes.
6. While cake is baking, prepare butter icing by using an electric mixer to cream the butter and sugar (how-to).
7. Add milk and vanilla, continuing to mix until icing is smooth. The cake can be iced as soon as it is fully cooled.
This recipe produces a carrot cake better then any I have ever tasted in a restaurant.