Prep Time: 10 minutes
Grill Time: 15 minutes
I love no-brainer recipes. Grilling in foil has always been an easy way to ensure wonderful results. Fish and Veggies in foil couldn’t be easier and as long as you follow the grill time you are guaranteed a delish dish.
My friend who gave me this recipe was an automotive mechanic. He could fix, truly, anything. He claimed he would make this recipe at work but in place of a grill, he kept the foil packets somewhere under the hood of a running car. I would not suggest this technique unless, like him, you know where to avoid the exhaust!
3 frozen sole OR flounder fillets
1 1/2 cups zucchini*, sliced
1 medium red OR green bell pepper*, cut into strips
2 Tbs. butter, melted
1 Tbs. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt
Dash of pepper
1. Divide frozen fish fillets among three approximately 18 x 12-inch pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Arrange zucchini and bell pepper along sides of fish.
2. Mix melted butter and lemon juice; drizzle evenly over fish.
3. Sprinkle with garlic, salt, and pepper.
4. Seal foil packets securely.
5. Grill foil packets over medium coals for 14 minutes, turning once, until vegetables are tender and fish flakes easily with fork.
*1 1/2 cups broccoli flowerets, cut into 1 1/4-inch pieces, can be substituted for the zucchini. OR 1 1/2 cups coarsely grated carrot and 9 green onions (with tops) cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces, can be substituted for the zucchini and bell pepper. Mix it up!
Don’t feel like grilling? No problems, just substitute a preheated 350°F oven for the grill and follow the instructions.