Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
This recipe is so delicious and foolproof it should be in every Cooking 101 book. The sauce it creates while it bakes has to be tasted to be believed. Try this one, I guarantee you won’t be disappointed!
1 tsp. olive oil OR vegetable oil
1 pkg. (14 oz.) smoked sausage, cut into 2-inch pieces
1 Tbs. olive oil OR vegetable oil
2 lg. potatoes, peeled and thickly sliced
1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into wedges
1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into wedges
2 med. onions, cut into wedges
1/3 cup white wine OR vinegar
1/3 cup chicken stock
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. oregano
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Heat 1 tsp. oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook till its browned. Transfer the cooked sausage into a large baking dish (casserole).
3. Pour 1 tbs. oil into the skillet; add potatoes. Cook potatoes, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 10 minutes. Place the potatoes into the baking dish with the sausage.
4. Add peppers and onions to the skillet. Cook and stir the peppers and onions in the hot skillet until they are beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the vegetables to the baking dish.
5. Mix the wine, chicken stock and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl. Pour liquid over the sausage and veggies into the baking dish. Sprinkle with oregano, salt and pepper.
6. Bake at 400°F until hot and bubbling, about 20 to 25 minutes. Serve hot.
I’ve never had leftovers when I make this yummy and easy meal. I’ve doubled this recipe a number of times with perfect results. Simply double all the ingredients and follow directions as listed.