Prep Time: 15 minutes
Chill Time: 1 – 2 hours
Awesome alternative to standard slaw, Pineapple Coleslaw goes together in a breeze and is assured to please your guests. It’s also what I consider the best topping for a pulled pork sandwich, such as the ones from my Savory Shredded Pork recipe.
5 cups cabbage, shredded
1 can (20 oz.) pineapple chunks, drained
1/2 cup half-and-half cream
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sugar
3 Tbs. vinegar
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper (to taste)
1. In a large-bowl mix cabbage and pineapple.
2. In a medium-bowl mix the half-and-half, mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce.
3. Add cream dressing from the medium-bowl into the large-bowl with the cabbage and pineapple; mix just to combine.
4. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. Cover and store in refrigerator for 1-2 hours before serving. Lasts 4 or 5 days in fridge.
Pineapple Coleslaw is a wonderful alternate for your standard slaw. I think its best heaped on top of a wonderful pulled pork sandwich. See my recipe for Savory Shredded Pork for a spectacular sandwich this slaw was meant to sit atop.