Prep Time: 30 minutes
Initial Chill Time: 2 hours
Final Chill Time: Overnight
The only thing hard about making this yummy dessert is waiting for it to chill in the fridge overnight. This cake could not go together more easily. The results are decadent.
1 Tbs. butter, softened
1 box (14.4 oz.) graham crackers
2 boxes (3.4 oz.) instant vanilla pudding
3 cups cold milk
1 carton (8-oz.) whipped topping
3 Tbs. cocoa
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3 Tbs. butter, softened
3 Tbs. cold milk
3 Tbs. light corn syrup
2 tsp. vanilla
1. Using 1 tablespoon butter, grease a 9×13-inch glass baking dish.
2. Line bottom of dish with whole graham crackers (do not crush). Break crackers into smaller pieces as needed.
3. In a large-bowl combine the pudding and 3 cups milk; beat for 2 minutes; fold in whipped topping. Note: I’ve always find it best to use an electric mixer (stand or handheld) for this step.
4. Pour half of the pudding mixture over graham crackers in dish. Place another layer of graham crackers over the pudding. Pour remaining pudding over the second layer of graham crackers. Place a third layer of graham crackers over the second layer of pudding. Refrigerate 2 hours before frosting.
5. In a medium-bowl combine cocoa, powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons butter, 3 tablespoons milk, corn syrup, and vanilla; beat until smooth. Note: I’ve found this step comes out best when you use an electric mixer as well.
6. Spread frosting on top of graham crackers. Refrigerate overnight.
This is a conversion of a recipe my mother used to make many years ago. It won’t last in your fridge more then 2 days, of that I promise!