Prep Time: 10 minutes
Grill Time: 6 minutes
Sausage and fruit make a really nice alternative to the more standard grilled kabob combos. The orange marmalade and Chinese five-spice powder gives these kabobs a really nice Asian flair.
1 pkg. (16 oz.) smoked sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
3 apricots, pitted and cut into quarters
1 ripe plum, pitted and cut into 1-inch chunks
1 ripe peach, pitted and cut into 1-inch chunks
3 Tbs. sweet orange marmalade
1 Tbs. Chinese five-spice powder
1. Prepare outdoor grill for covered grilling, over medium heat. If you are using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, alternately thread kielbasa, apricots, peaches, and plums onto 4 to 6 long skewers.
3. In a small-bowl combine the marmalade and five spice powder; mix to combine.
4. Place skewers on hot grill rack. Cover grill and cook 5 minutes or until kielbasa browns and fruit chars slightly, turning skewers occasionally.
5. Uncover grill. Brush marmalade mixture all over kielbasa and fruit. Cook 1 to 2 minutes longer, turning occasionally.
It’s important you grill these kabobs over medium heat, to ensure the more delicate fruit does not overcook. For tips on gauging grill temperatures when using charcoal, visit my link: