Prep Time: 25 minutes
Grill Time: 15 minutes
I love full-flavored burgers and these are some of the tastiest I’ve ever eaten; combined with the Cajun Mayo, this recipe is off the hook! I believe I’ve been asked for the recipe every time I’ve served them.
1 cup mayonnaise
2 tsp. Cajun spice blend
1 1/3 lbs. ground beef, sirloin
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
1/2 cup white onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced (how to)
1 Tbs. 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
4 slices pepper-jack cheese
4 hamburger buns, split
4 leaves lettuce
4 slices tomato
1. In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise and 2 tsp. of Cajun spice blend; mix to combine; refrigerate until needed.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the ground sirloin, jalapeno pepper, onion, garlic, 1 tablespoon Cajun spice blend, and Worcestershire sauce using your hands. Divide into 4 balls, and flatten into patties. Refrigerate patties until ready to grill. **Tip: I like to prepare my patties before lighting the grill. The extra chill time helps them stay together while on the grill.
3. Prepare the grill for medium-high heat.
4. Once the coals are ready, lightly oil the grilling surface, and place the patties on the grill. Cook for about 5 minutes per side, or until they reach the doneness your desire. During the last 2 minutes, lay a slice of cheese on top of each patty.
5. Spread the seasoned mayonnaise onto the insides of the buns. Put burgers in the buns, and top with lettuce and tomato to serve.
You don’t have to make your own Cajun spice blend. There are many different blends available at the grocery store, including Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning, which I’ve used with excellent results.