Prep Time: 15 minutes
Slow Cooker Time: 10 to 12 hours
I love cooking in my crock pot (slow cooker). Something very satisfying about a quick prep and walking away while a wonderful dinner slowly percolates on the kitchen counter. This pepper steak recipe comes out incredibly elegant and can impress the most culinary discriminating of guests. Just don’t tell them the slow cooker did 95% of the work!
1 lb. boneless beef round steak
ground black pepper
1 Tbs. vegetable oil
1 can (14.5 oz.) Italian style stewed tomatoes, undrained
3 Tbs. Italian style tomato paste
1 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen pepper stir-fry vegetable mix
cooked white rice
1. Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into 4 serving-size pieces; season with salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil in large sauté pan; brown meat on both sides. Transfer meat to slow cooker.
3. In a medium bowl, stir together undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meat in cooker. Top with frozen pepper stir-fry veggies.
4. Cover and cook on LOW for 10 to 12 hours OR on HIGH for 5 to 6 hours or until meat and veggies are tender. I strongly recommend the LOW heat setting for 10 to 12 hours. The meat will be much more tender.
6. Serve over cooked white rice.
If you only have regular stewed tomatoes and tomato paste no worries. Simply add 1 tsp. dried oregano to the recipe and problem solved.