Prep Time: 10 minutes
Slow Cooker Time: 8 to 10 hours
As a proud Irish American I can assure you Corned Beef isn’t just for St. Patty’s Day anymore! So simple, with guaranteed results, this is the ONLY way I make corned beef.
12 new potatoes, quartered
4 carrots, sliced
4 lb. corned beef brisket
2 onions, sliced
3 bay leaves
1 pkg. corned beef spices OR 8 black peppercorns
1 head cabbage, cut into wedges
1. Place potatoes and carrots in bottom of the crock pot.
2. Add brisket, onions, bay leaves and corned beef spices. Add enough water to cover the brisket.
3. Cover; cook on low 4 to 5 hours.
4. Add cabbage; continue cooking on LOW 4 to 5 additional hours. Remove brisket to a serving platter.
5. Slice brisket against the grain (how to), and serve with the potatoes, carrots, onions and cabbage.
Undoubtedly, this is the crock pot recipe I prepare most often.