Prep Time: 15 minutes
Slow Cooker Time: 8 hours
Perfect “prepare-the-night-before” breakfast. Wake up to a delicious breakfast for 12 ready to serve. So yummy I’ve never met someone who doesn’t love this.
1 pkg. (26-32 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
1 pkg. Jimmy Dean Hearty Original Sausage Crumbles
2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup julienne-cut sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
6 green onions, sliced
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1. Grease your slow cooker crock with cooking spray. Layer half of the potatoes on the bottom of slow cooker.
2. Top the potatoes with half of the sausage, Mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, sun dried tomatoes and green onion. Layer the remaining potatoes over the sausage mixture. Top the second layer of potatoes with the remaining sausage, Mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, sun dried tomatoes and green onion.
3. In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk salt and pepper with a whisk until well blended.
4. Pour the eggs evenly over potato and sausage mixture.
5. Cook on LOW setting for 8 hours OR on HIGH setting for 4 hours or until eggs are set.
A perfect solution to a holiday breakfast when the whole crew is staying at your crib. You can substitute 1 cup chopped fresh tomato for sun-dried tomatoes, if desired. I really prefer the sun dried, however.
Recipe Source: Jimmy Dean Recipe Web Site