Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
An elegant meal on the table in under 30 minutes. You are sure to impress guests with this mouth-watering shrimp dish. Every time I prepare it I am amazed how quickly it goes together. Let them think you slaved away in the kitchen to serve this one! <wink>
1 cup hot water
1 cup powdered coffee creamer
8 large cloves garlic, unpeeled
16 lg. shrimp, peeled and deveined (how to)
2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp. cornstarch
3 Tbs. finely chopped parsley OR 3 tsp. parsley flakes
3/4 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 pkg. (8 oz.) linguine, cooked
1. Prepare linguine per package directions. Have it boiling as you prepare the recipe so the linguine is done just as the shrimp mixture is ready. This is the only trick to the recipe, it’s simple timing.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the water and powdered creamer until smooth.
3. In a medium saucepan, bring 6 cups water to a boil. Add unpeeled garlic cloves; boil for 2 minutes. Add shrimp; boil an additional 2 minutes, or until they turn pink. Drain. Peel and chop garlic.
4. Heat oil in a large sauté pan, over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
5. Add powdered creamer mixture and cornstarch to hot sauté pan; whisk until cornstarch is dissolved. Cook, whisking occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken. Stir in parsley, cheese and shrimp. Season with salt and ground black pepper. Pour sauce over pasta; toss to coat.
Don’t have any linguine pasta on hand? No worries, spaghetti pasta works just as well.
Original recipe source: Nestle Kitchens